Thursday, January 29, 2009

We're gonna need a bigger shovel



Awhile back, I wrote of my relief at seeing a steam shovel actually making some progress on the construction site at 333 Eastern Parkway (on the NE corner of Franklin and Eastern). Two days ago, I dismayed when I saw the same shovel on a flatbed leaving the site, only to realize that it had been replaced with a bigger, more orange model. I also was able to poke my camera inside the site, revealing a very large foundation and not much else. This snail's pace may be cause for concern (Brownstoner announced the work's beginning nearly 18 months ago), but at least they're still working away. The rendering of the building (at the Brownstoner link above) is impressive, and promises retail and medical offices, so hopefully it will actually get finished at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Everything happens for a reason maybe this hold that they're having will prove to be worth the wait. Anyways i cant wait for this site and all the other projects in the neighborhood to be done , the neighborhood is due for a change and any change at this point i feel will turn out well.

    ReplyDelete