Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Signs of Spring

It's turned into local merchant week here at I Love Franklin Ave! Today we salute the gentlemen who sell plants out of the old hot dog stand on Dean just off Franklin. In the summer, their ferns, herbs, and flowers are a welcome patch of green on a rather industrial few blocks of Dean Street. They bring their wares out as soon as the weather is warm enough, and their presence last week was a sure harbinger of spring (it may have rained for three straight days, but the sun is shining as I write this). On some nights they've got fresh whole watermelons out of a truck, too.

2 comments:

  1. just checked it out! looks great, I think i have been smothering my bonsai a little bit, and probably need to add some members to my indoor plant family. Thanks for the heads up, and I really love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the info about this! i had no idea. i need a million more plants.

    ReplyDelete