Plenty of bloggers (including this guy who unforgiveably calls our neighborhood "wack") have written up the former Studebaker showroom on Bedford and Sterling, now enjoying a new lease on life as a landmarked building housing 27 low-income units. The ten-second history of the building is this: it was built in 1920 when Bedford between Fulton and Empire was Brooklyn's "Automobile Row," and it was recently renovated and preserved (nice little NYT article here) by a community-minded developer who wanted to both preserve the beauty of the area and provide affordable housing (he's apparently a good friend of the Easter Bunny). And it looks really freakin' cool.
For a wonderful comprehensive essay on the place, check out this piece on Brownstoner.
New York Today: After the Fire
1 hour ago