Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Update: Dutch Boy Burgers Opening This Week

I was on the outside looking in this morning, but that won't be the case for long. Dutch Boy Burger opens this week, according to Time Out New York, who listed the newest venture from Franklin Park and Southpaw owner Matt Roff in their "Restaurant Openings" section:

Dutch Boy Burger Matthew Roff opens a burger joint connected to his Crown Heights bar, Franklin Park. Until 11pm, diners can order from a menu that includes grilled seven-ounce burgers like the Dutch Boy (cheddar, mushrooms, caramelized onions), along with milk shakes made from Blue Marble ice cream; after the restaurant closes, bargoers can continue to order the full menu at the bar. 766 Franklin Ave between Lincoln and St. Johns Pl, Crown Heights, Brooklyn (no phone yet).

It sounds fantastic, particularly the part about the bar serving the full menu into the wee hours. I suppose this does mean the end of take-out at Franklin Park, but it's a small price to pay for a good new burger place.

11 comments:

  1. I pray that this burger joint might be forward thinkers and offer a vegan option. Otherwise, I'll spend my time at another bar that allows me to order in food that I want to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the post above. I feel that having a veggie burger is fairly standard, so I have high hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I talked with Matt Roff outside the place way back in October, he said he planned to have at least one veggie option on the menu. Also, Breuekelen Coffee House next door is developing a primarily vegan/vegetarian menu, and if everything works out, I think they will eventually be linked to the bar, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I was just thinking the same thing (re: vegan option) when I read this news! Note: veggie burgers usually aren't vegan. They often contain egg. Here's hoping....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homemade veggie burgers would be incredible!!! Especially after a few Ommegangs. Very exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness I can not wait for this place to open! It looks like they are being held up by the city, yet:

    http://www.dutchboyburger.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh to term "forward thinking"

    ReplyDelete
  8. shut up.
    all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DELICIOUS. Especially the onion rings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope this place serves beef burgers topped with bacon, cheese, mayonnaise, and fried egg. Maybe even a little burger fat in the french fries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you all are on a burger joint posting and are talking about vegan/vegetarian options, there is something intrinsically wrong with your view of the world.

    ReplyDelete