Monday, June 07, 2010

400th Post Spectacular: Blogs, Blogs, Blogs

Photo via Owash.

I Love Franklin Ave isn't going to make it to the Brooklyn Blogfest tomorrow after all, despite a nice mention in the Brooklyn Paper, but instead, we're celebrating our 400th post with a shoutout to three fellow bloggers who have some interesting stuff going:

1. In the spirit of Saturday's music post, I urge all of you to check out Listen Up, an old friend's excellent music blog, which consistently has solid tunes on the streaming player (unlike me, he knows how to actually use the internet), as well as links to great videos and interviews (like me, he's a Hold Steady fan).

Bonus: He's got a great Flickr photostream, too.

Double Bonus: I just heard this track for the first time today (if you listen to it, give it until the first chorus). I really like it. I have no business music blogging, but nonetheless, it brought me joy.

2. After a nice comment from a fellow UChicagoan on my uberpost two weeks back, how could I NOT link her great Brooklyn photo-blog, For The Love of Brooklyn? Give it a look.

3. Finally, another old friend has launched an ambitious project to explore NYC and find love (or at the very least, a whole lot of fun) by taking 24 dates to 24 secret sites in the Five Boroughs, in conjunction with Key to the City, the public art project that's encouraging New Yorkers to explore the city and share their passions for it with one another. She'll be documenting the whole endeavor on her new blog, Key 2 the City, Key 2 my Heart, and I can promise you it won't be boring.

2 comments:

  1. Awww. Thanks so much for the shout-out, Nick! You know what else I found out? The girl who runs the fashion blog of The Williamsburg-Greenpoint News + Arts and tweets as @the59thStBridge is also a U of C grad! She made some offhanded comment about being at the Reg a couple weeks ago and my ears perked up. Too funny!

    Also, I have to agree with the comments you made to the Brooklyn Paper, and this remark in particular: “[Absolut’s] presence is interesting in that it speaks to the growing perception of blogs as mainstream sources for news and entertainment.”

    It's true; blogs are news-y and entertaining, but I suppose the 'interest' Absolut takes can be construed in as many ad-and-PR-related ways as you could possibly think of. Hard to measure the brand exposure they'll get from an event like this -- surely it's greater than the sum of all parts (e.g. all the hundreds of niche blogs that will be attending). But I digress. Too bad you won't be able to come and thanks again!

    Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete