Monday, February 21, 2011

Posh Nails Opens Tomorrow - UPDATED



If you're in need of a wicked good manicure or pedicure, look no further than 666 Franklin Avenue, the new home of Posh Nails BK (ILFA will be sending the lady in on a fact-finding mission - she also took the photos above this evening). Their launch kicks off a season of new openings that will include Island Thyme (see below), Compare Foods, Chavellas, two pizza places (Barboncino and another at Prospect and Franklin), and Sweet Basil. Of course, we've also just lost Oaxaca and Bristen's, so it's clearly still a tough world out there for a small business. If you give these new local spots a try, let us know how you like them (and let them and Yelp know, too).

Update - Reader Liz posted the comment below, but I wanted to include it in the body of the post since it's the first review of the place:

So I was their first ever customer (outside of private events last week) so they were a bit flustered feeling -- trying to find things, opening new packaging, etc. -- but everything that is to be expected on day 1 of a new business.

Tonight to celebrate their first day they are having free cocktails with any service from 5pm-7:30pm. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays (so today!) they have $27 mani/pedis which seems like a good deal. And tonight it comes with a drink.

Details:
Sundays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays :: 10am-7pm
Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays :: 10am-8pm
Closed on Mondays

Mani :: $13
Pedi :: $22
They also do a bunch of other mani/pedi add-ons and they do waxing as well.
Good polish color selection too.

I don't mean to sound like I'm selling the place, but I was there for 2 hours and everyone was incredibly nice, the service was great, and I'm very pleased with my manicure. I HATE the place on Franklin Avenue near Eastern Parkway and I didn't like having to trek over to Vanderbilt for a good manicure, so I am just very excited about this place.

6 comments:

  1. So I was their first ever customer (outside of private events last week) so they were a bit flustered feeling -- trying to find things, opening new packaging, etc. -- but everything that is to be expected on day 1 of a new business.

    Tonight to celebrate their first day they are having free cocktails with any service from 5pm-7:30pm. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays (so today!) they have $27 mani/pedis which seems like a good deal. And tonight it comes with a drink.

    Details:
    Sundays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays :: 10am-7pm
    Thursdays/Fridays/Satrudays :: 10am-8pm
    Closed on Mondays

    Mani :: $13
    Pedi :: $22
    They also do a bunch of other mani/pedi add-ons and they do waxing as well.
    Good polish color selection too.

    I don't mean to sound like I'm selling the place, but I was there for 2 hours and everyone was incredibly nice, the service was great, and I'm very pleased with my manicure. I HATE the place on Franklin Avenue near Eastern Parkway and I didn't like having to trek over to Vanderbilt for a good manicure, so I am just very excited about this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Was that you in there at 3:30PM. I was falling asleep as I've been up 48 hrs for work.

    My apologies if I did not say hello, sleep induced dementia will do that!

    I loved my mani-pedi, even in my current state.

    I've tried the other places in the area, and the extra $10 is worth it to me.

    They treated my hands gently, no accidental nicks, scrapes or other horror stories I experienced at the other salons I tried on Franklin and Nostrand ave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I cannot wait to get my mani/pedi:-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When they will serve beer

    ReplyDelete
  5. They don't serve beer yet.., but they do give you a cute little bottle of Poland Spring water as they tend to your feet.

    ReplyDelete