Friday, October 25, 2013

The Park, the President, and Previously-Used Electronics

ILFA went for a run in Prospect Park this morning, which was already being swept by a phalanx of NYPD officers and cordoned off in advance of President Obama's landing later this afternoon on his way to P-Tech right here in Crown Heights. I came home to a zillion links in my "Crown Heights" google alert about Obama's visit, along with one letting me know that I can bring my old electronics down to the park on Sunday and Monday to recycle them safely and help raise money for the maintenance and preservation of Prospect Park. It all sounds good - just don't get those dates confused. You definitely don't want to be the guy carrying an overstuffed backpack with wires hanging out of it down to the park this afternoon. 

For those looking for an alternate off-street running route, Greenwood Cemetery is opening its gates from 12-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment